SO, three things.
1. My buddy Micah did this contest for a MN brewed beer called Grain Belt. If you never experienced it before, it's a good ass light beer. Please vote for his video here. It's the third one down. BUT, check out the others too, there are some really funny ones. Us Minnesotans are so creative. There is one called, "I Like it Better Here". It totally reminds me of when I first moved here from MN. Ha ha ha!!!
2. Artist extraordinaire and my extra good buddy Scott Yeskel made a list of top albums of the year. Check it!
"My picks are not too original and a direct reflection of the cLAy Tv's constant influence. What can I say, Clay your musical guidance is appreciated.
1. Port O'brien " All we can do is Sing". my favorite record start to finish. listened to it the most on my five day trip form N.Y to L.A.
2. Jenny Lewis "Acid Tongue". Not her best work, but I love her. My wife hates this record.
3. No Age "Nouns". The track Eraser makes me feel like an inspired kid, running through the world, eyes wide opened. I want the song to go on forever.
4. Katy Perry "One of the Boys". This album sucks but she is so hot and awesome.
5. Frightened Rabbit "The Midnight Organ Fight". When I am too shy to listen to the Counting Crows in front of company.
6. Radiohead. " In Rainbows" . This techniquely came out in 2008. My favorite Radiohead album ever?!
7. Fleet Foxes. "Fleet Foxes". Just when I was getting tired of Beirut, these guys saved the genre for me.
8. Girl Talk. "Feed the Animals" I used to watch DJ Ted Shred in S.F. do this shit with actual records. Z-Trip too. but its awesome, makes me wanna shake it.
9. Foals " Antidotes". anidotically good.
10. Ok Go w/ Bonerama- soulfull horns, awesome tracks. not an album, but great.
3. UK's Lovvers are on tour with LA locals Mika Miko and Abe Vigoda right now. Here is a video by them. Watch out for bands with extra letter in their name...Wavves....Sheeep.....morrre....>>>
Lovvers: "No Romantics"
THIS FRIDAY ALL YA ALLLLLL!!! LA people come out and celebrate cLAy's TV first show!!