SO, here we go with 40-21 of my favorite albums. You know, these lists are super arbitrary to the point that I thought I would just list them without order. Maybe just alphabetically. BUT, no, I made a numerical list. I had to. The best thing about these lists is the anticipation to see the top spot(s), "numero uno" if you will.. "Ooooo, I can't wait to see what number one is!!!" Yeah, that's why I did a list. Check these out and if you have not heard of or want to hear more click their name. It goes to their MySpace.
40. Trash Talk: Plagues…Walking Disease (Hardcore shit. Just crank it and have fun with it, short songs that are loaded with energy. It grows hair on you chest)
39. Los Campesinos!: Hold on Now, Youngster… (You can’t go wrong with this one. It keeps you listening and puts a smile on your face.)
38. Foals: Antidotes (Yet another
37. Marching Band: Spark Large (This is so catchy and poppy. It’s not on any list that I have seen but it kept me listening. I guess they are pretty popular in their home country,
36. Abe Vigoda: Skeleton (Locals. Again my list is full of them.
35. Frightened Rabbit: The Midnight Organ Fight (As Scott and Kyle said, “I put this on when I'm too shy to listen to Counting Crows in front of company.”)
34. Cut Copy: In Ghost Colours (This album was really popular this year. It reminds me of The Rapture if they got a little gayer and were from Australia.) (At the Fonda 3/10 and 3/11)
33. The Death Set: World Wide (I love some of the albums on this. Fun Fun Fun. They are Aussies too. I have seen them a live a couple times and that got me really into them. They have punk souls and they are not afraid of getting a little ghetto fabulous too.)
29. The Muslims: The Muslims (Locals, now called The Soft Pack. Their surfy punk epitomize SoCal. Seen them a bunch of times too, really good live. ) (They have a bunch of shows in L.A. coming up, go see them.)
28. Jay Reatard: Singles 08’ (His last album from 07’ Blood Visions is one of favorite albums of the 2000s so far. Seen him live too and it’s gooood. These are just songs that he hadn’t released but there are some true jems.) (At Echoplex 1/23)
27. Gang Gang Dance: Saint Dymphna (I don’t know, but for some reason when I listen to this I feel “cooler”. We all know that may be near possible to do but it doesJ)
26. Love is All: A Hundred Things That Keep Me Up At Night (Lo-fi Sweden fun. I had their last one and liked it, this is even better. I got it just recently though for some reason and it has made the list easily)
22. MGMT: Oracular Spectacular (This album was huge this year. I saw them live too and they sounded great. The singes on this are undeniable.)
21. Torche: Meanderthal (Metal albums didn’t hit many radars this year, but this one did for me. It really rocks and I saw them live too. This got many plays this year!!)
Surf City: "Records of a Flagpole Dancer"
The Muslims: "Parasites" Live